Golden Heart

Golden Heart

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Love is Timeless


The hands of the clock spin backwards. Hours, days, years, lifetimes later it stops. A scene flashes before my eyes. Flirting and laughing, the couple seems oblivious to my presence. I feel like a trespasser who has stumbled upon this cherished moment in time, peeking at them from behind a tree, but I cannot take my eyes from them. Their joy and love flow abundantly between them, and I find myself smiling at their innocence. I realize it is you and I in another time and place and with that knowledge planted within me, I awaken.

Fumbling for pen and paper in the darkness, I hurry to scribble the details of my memory before it fades. The love I had felt with you then has been transported to this present time. Part of me understands it was recalled from the distant past, but my heart feels the love as if it has never gone. My mind sees no space between the two. I am overwhelmed by the emotions and the realization that love is eternal.

Love perceives no time. It supersedes all the rational senses and leaves me perplexed.

No comments:

Post a Comment