Golden Heart

Golden Heart

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Love Is....

Not exactly sure I am qualified to answer this question, but I will write and see what manifests. And, so far, that would be nothing, nada, zippo, zilch... I scan my memory files in search of something, anything; I am drawing a blank, perhaps because love cannot be defined solely as one thing or another.

Changing tactics and switching gears, I contemplate the times I have felt most loved or most loving. Each of the births of my three boys was at the pinnacle of this list. There is nothing like holding this little soul in your arms for the first time after months of intimate conversations with your belly. Actually I don't think I can conceive of any other experiences in my life where I have been more loving than when I was pregnant or as a mother in those early years.

As my children grew older and exerted their right to be who they were, there was, without a doubt, challenges. In fact at times I could even understand why some animals ate their young. But, in the end, love always prevailed.

The closest I can come to knowing unconditional love has been from my background as a parent. No matter what my children do or have done, I couldn't imagine a world void of them. Sometimes I shake my head with wonder when they make choices I don't understand or agree with, but I've done the best I know how to teach them some of what they may need to know. As they become adults, I realize I must give them the space to make their own decisions.

What happens if we apply that same concept to Spirit? It provides us with all the lessons we need to help us in our spiritual growth as Soul. We are presented with a multitude of opportunities throughout our days. We have total freedom to do this or that, but we are also responsible for the consequences of those actions. Sometimes that can be overwhelming, at least it was for me. What if I make the wrong choice? On one particular day as I struggled with this yet again I heard, "Even the wrong choice is the right choice because it is where you need to be." Now that's unconditional love!

No comments:

Post a Comment