Golden Heart

Golden Heart

Friday, July 2, 2010

Where Now?

Sitting here, looking at this computer screen stare back at me. It's bright white page glaring at me like it is saying, "Write something...anything...come on, do it!" But there's an emptiness inside that I can't seem to fill with words, and I am speechless. I will just write and see what comes out. There's always the delete button, right?

I'm in Costa Rica. It's a beautiful, tranquil place to be, but I've discovered something. Without love it is just another place. I am realizing more and more how important love really is in the grand scheme of things, yes, but also in the little things. With love you feel empowered to do anything! Put an 'S' on my chest and call me superwoman cause I can take on the world, but subtract love from the equation and you have found my kryptonite. I struggle like a turtle who has been turned upside down.

Love isn't something outside of us, though, so why do I feel this way? Why do any of us feel this way? We don't need someone else to fulfill that part of us; it is already there. All the same, I can't explain it, I feel as if something is missing. Here I am again on this cliff, looking down, looking up, looking within and wondering what now? Where do I go from here? Anywhere I want, I suppose, but I only dream of love. Everything else doesn't seem to matter too much.

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is so beautiful, honest, full of love and, perhaps, hinting of a loss that spans the ages, or was it only yesterday. So many of us can relate, to the pain... to the loss...to the love. Keep writing, my friend, we miss you on Fb but I hope you will continue to tell your story here. The world is a darker place without your light and a sadder place without your stories. Thank you, again, for your love and light.

    ReplyDelete