Golden Heart

Golden Heart

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

From My Back Window


Stretching forth,
Shaking off the sleepiness
Of nighttime,
A beautiful array of colors
Rise up in the morning.

Blues, pinks,
Oranges and gold
Unfold for me
To contemplate
Like a gift being unwrapped.

Tinkling of wind chimes,
Chirping of birds,
Soaring past to say hello.
No further must I go
Then to my back window.

Clouds pass by.
Some dark,
Gray and foreboding.
Others like big white cotton balls
Against baby blue skies.

Quickly passing at times,
Slowly at others.
Fascinated by their light
The intensity of their glow.
Wondrous.

Amusing me with funny faces
Or a parade of animals
Marching by for my enjoyment
Extract giggles and delight
Open my heart with love and gratitude.

For there I will discover
Love resides.
And I never had to go
Any further than my
Back window.

No comments:

Post a Comment